LifeStrength encourages a healthy lifestyle
This easy, no-cook “summer porridge” has make-ahead convenience and is packed with nutrition to get your day off to a healthy start. Make it in individual mason jars for a perfect serving size and an easy grab-and-go breakfast straight from the fridge (it’s eaten cold). Take it along to work or anywhere. Great to serve on a breakfast or brunch buffet. High in protein, calcium & fiber; low in fat & sugar.
Breakfast doesn’t get much easier (or healthier) than these overnight oatmeal jars. I am very picky about how I like my oatmeal. I usually don’t like to switch things up, but these recipe’s converted me! I love having something healthy that I can grab as I am going out the door. Big thanks to the yummy life blog for this great idea.
1. Add the following to each mason jar:
- 1/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. chia seeds (optional)
2. Put a lid on the jar and shake to combine.
3. Next, add desired mix-ins and stir gently, to combine. We have been using fresh fruit, fruit preserves, peanut butter, cocoa powder and honey. You can use whatever you like! Some examples:
- 1 Tbsp. blueberry preserves + 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. strawberry preserves + 1/4 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup applesauce + 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder + 1/4 banana, sliced
4. Secure lid and place in fridge overnight and up to 2 days.