Greek yogurt has become the yogurt of choice for many consumers. The straining process used to make greek yogurt produces a dense yogurt that’s lower in fat and suger which makes it a much healthier choice. Greek yogurt is also high in protein and contains a whopping 18 g per 6 oz serving. Protein-dense foods makes you feel fuller longer, and that’s what makes greek yogurt a perfect snack.
Because of its thickness, Greek yogurt can be used to substitute any dairy product all of your favorite recipes.
Greek yogurt tastes great on taco’s, burrito’s, tunafish sandwiches, deli sandwiches, and so much more! Even if it sounds a little weird now, give it a try and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Some recipes to try:
Whole Wheat Banana Crunch Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients (8-10 pancakes)
- 2/3 c mashed banana (2 medium)
- 1/4 c Skim milk
- 1/4 c Chobani non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 3/4 c white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 – 1/2 c chopped nuts
- 1/4 – 1/2 c Love Grown Foods Simply Oats Granola
1. Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Stir in the dry ingredients until just mixed.
3. Let sit while griddle heats up.
4. Ladle onto a hot, greased griddle.
5. Top with chopped nuts and granola and press lightly down into batter with your fingers.
6. Flip when bubbles form and cook through.
Note: These pancakes will be moist, especially from the banana so I leave them on the griddle for a while, and press down on them with the spatula to help them cook.
I definitely suggest topping these pancakes with yogurt (read: more chobani!!) and sliced fruit. SO GOOD!